Good Wishes for Thanksgiving Day
Details and text from backside of post card
Art: little girl feeding an ear of corn to a turkey
International Art Publ. Co.
New York Berlin
Printed in Germany
Design of girl and turkey embossed
Size: 3 1/2 x 5 1/2"
Notations in pencil: On front, May & Nelson;
Signed: From Nelson & May
Dating postcards from 1893 through the 1900s
- 1893-1898: Pioneer era: Undivided backs
- 1901-1907: “Post Card” imprint and undivided backs for address only with message on front
- Private Mail Card era: The government gave permission to private printers to sell post cards
- 1907-1915: Address and message on back with – generally –no white border
- 1915-1930: White border – Imports from Germany had stopped by this time, and the new U.S. cards had a lesser print quality