Happy St. Patrick's Day
Irish lucky wish on front of card
- I Wish Ye Joy!
Description and text from backside of card
St. Patrick's Day Card
Tuck's Post Card
The shamrocks and flag border, embossed; Pre 1917
Canceled March 6, 1908
Size: 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Copyright 1906 by Raphael Tuck & Sons Co. LTD
Raphael Tuck & Sons' "St. Patrick's Day" Post Cards, Series No. 1020
Art Publishers to Their Majesties the King and Queen.
Printed in Saxony
Ben Franklin 1 Cent-Stamp
Canceled: White Plains, N.Y.
March 16, 1908
Mount Kisco N.Y.
March 16, 1908;
Addressed to a Miss in Mt. Kisco, NY
Dating postcards from 1893 through the 1900s
- 1893-1898: Pioneer era: Undivided backs
- 1901-1907: “Post Card” imprint and undivided backs for address only with message on front
- Private Mail Card era: The government gave permission to private printers to sell post cards
- 1907-1915: Address and message on back with – generally –no white border
- 1915-1930: White border – Imports from Germany had stopped by this time, and the new U.S. cards had a lesser print quality