Burlington, Vt. – Looking West from Ethan Allen Tower
Text on back of card:
Looking West From Ethan Allen Tower. This view is one of the most beautiful in the city. It extends over the broad Lake from "Split Rock," about thirty miles south, to Mount Royal, near Montreal, on the north, while its western outlook is bordered by the picturesque ranges of the Adirondack Mountains.
Tuck's Post Card;
Back text: Raphael Tuck & Sons;
Printed in Holland;"Raphotype"
Art Publishers to Their Majesties the King & Queen;
Regd. Postcard No. 5850
Size: 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
Dating postcards from 1893 through the 1900s
- 1893-1898: Pioneer era: Undivided backs
- 1901-1907: “Post Card” imprint and undivided backs for address only with message on front
- Private Mail Card era: The government gave permission to private printers to sell post cards
- 1907-1915: Address and message on back with – generally –no white border
- 1915-1930: White border – Imports from Germany had stopped by this time, and the new U.S. cards had a lesser print quality